Revenge is a wild kind of Justice.
Below you will find our collection of inspirational, wise, and humorous old revenge quotes, revenge sayings, and revenge proverbs, collected over the years from a variety of sources.
- “An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind.”
- “I will hurt you for this. I don’t know how yet, but give me time. A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you’ll know the debt is paid.”
- “Harry was left to ponder in silence the depths to which girls would sink to get revenge.”
- “I want to commit the murder I was imprisoned for.”
- “The best revenge is massive success.” __Frank Sinatra
- “The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself.”― Eddie Vedder
- “Revenge… is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion.”― Jeremy Taylor
- “Revenge is an act of passion; vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; crimes are avenged.”― Samuel Johnson
- “Punishment is not for revenge, but to lessen crime and reform the criminal.”― Elizabeth Fry